Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 26 min
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 (5-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- All-purpose flour
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- ½ cup white wine (not cooking wine)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Tuscan heavy whipping cream
- To make chicken, heat oven to 350°F. In shallow dish or pie pan combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. In another shallow dish or pie pan beat eggs until well mixed. Lightly coat chicken breasts with flour; dip in eggs. Lightly coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet; add chicken breasts. Cook over medium heat until golden brown (2 to 3 minutes). Turn; continue cooking until golden brown (2 to 3 minutes). Place browned chicken breasts on 15×10-inch baking pan; bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken is done (165°F).
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, drain most of oil from skillet chicken was browned in; add shallots. Cook over medium heat 1 minute. Add wine and lemon juice; continue cooking 3 minutes. Whisk in mustard; whisk in whipping cream. Continue cooking until desired consistency (2 to 3 minutes). Serve over chicken.