Fancy Green Beans
Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 20 min
Truffle Herb Butter
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 ½ teaspoons truffle oil
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth or stock
- ½ cup Tuscan half & half
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup crispy fried onions
- To make Truffle Herb Butter, in small mixer bowl combine all ingredients. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until fluffy; set aside.
- To make green beans, heat oven to 350°F. Butter 3-quart casserole dish; set aside. Steam or blanch green beans to crisply tender; set aside.
- In 3-quart saucepan melt 2 tablespoons Truffle Herb Butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until absorbed by butter. Slowly whisk in chicken broth and half & half. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly (3 to 4 minutes). Stir in Parmesan cheese; stir in salt and pepper to taste. Add cooked green beans; toss to coat. Pour green bean mixture into prepared casserole dish. Top with crispy fired onions. Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through and top is crispy.
Tip: Scoop remaining Truffle Herb Butter onto one end of rectangular piece of parchment paper, leaving room on sides. Fold end with butter over, tucking tightly to form a log. Roll up until reach end of paper. Twist ends of paper; secure with kitchen string. Store refrigerated. To use, unroll paper; slice portions of butter to use for sautéing or cooking vegetables, meats, eggs, etc.
Recipe and image provided by Half & Half magazine.